Thành ngữ tiếng Anh có thể là một chút khó khăn để học, nhưng nếu bạn có thể tìm thấy những cách thú vị để tiếp cận nó, bạn sẽ ghi nhớ dễ dàng hơn. Ở đây có các thành ngữ 10 thông dụng sử dụng từ “Heart”. Bạn đã biết tất cả chứ? Nếu không, chuyện đó hoàn toàn bình thường.
1. By heart: “Learn by heart” – học thuộc lòng. If you learn something by heart, you learn it and later you can say it from memory.
Eg: Expemo makes it easier to learn words by heart.
2. Change of heart:Thay đổi lòng dạ. If you have a change of heart, you change your opinion or the way you feel about something.
Eg: I thought you wanted to marry Mark. Have you had a change of heart?
3. Cross one’s heart and hope to die: Thề sống thề chết. An idiom that many children would say is cross one’s heart and hope to die. A person who says this idiom is promising that what he or she is saying is true.
Eg: You promise to be my friend? Cross your heart and hope to die?
4. From the bottom of one’s heart: Từ sâu tận đáy lòng. An idiom that stands for sincerity is from the bottom of one’s heart. If words do come from the bottom of one’s heart, then those words are said to be pure.
Eg: You saved my life! I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
5. Have soft spot in one’s heart for someone: Yêu mến ai đó. Theidiom have a soft spot in one’s heart for someone stands for having fondness or affection for a person.
Eg: She has a soft spot in her heart for her prodigal son. She accepts him for all of his failings.
6. Pour one’s heart out to someone: trải lòng với ai đó (khi một người có thể ở trạng thái sợ hãi, hy vọng hay ân hận). Pour one’s heart out to someone is an idiom that connotes telling one’s true feelings to another person. These feelings might be a person’s fears, hope, or regrets.
Eg: She poured her heart out to us. She’s going through a lot right now.
7. A heartbeat away from something: trong gang tấc (gần kề với cái gì đó). When someone is a heartbeat away from something then that person is an heir to a coveted position or a successor of somebody important.
Eg: Marga is a heartbeat away from becoming the next CEO. She is the leading candidate for the position.
8. Young at heart: trẻ trung (áp dụng đối với người lớn tuổi) A person who is advanced in age yet still enjoys doing things that young people do is said to be young at heart.
Eg:Old Elmer is young at heart and loves walking in the beach and chatting with his friends at the bar.
9. Not have the heart to do something: không lỡ nói với ai một điều gì đó (sợ rằng người đó sẽ bị tổn thương hoặc xúc phạm) Somebody does not have the heart to do something when he or she is afraid or unwilling to say something that might hurt or offend another person.
Eg: Wilma does not have the heart to tell her mother that she’s terminally ill.
10. With all one’s heart and soul: nhiệt thành (bằng cả trái tim và tâm hồn) A person gives something with all one’s heart and soul when he or she does something with enthusiasm, energy, and much effort.
Eg: Dolly sang with all her heart and soul and won a major singing contest in her state.