HELP WITH IDIOMS is intended for upper-intermediate and advanced-level students. It explains and providespractice for approximately 150 common English idioms and expressions in amusing and lively contexts.
HELP WITH IDIOMS
- is divided into 7 practical categories for easy reference.
- gives comprehensive information about each entry, including meaning, a humorous example showing how the idiom is used, the origin of the expression and the pronunciation.
- includes a variety of exercises, many using authentic texts.
- has attractive, entertaining illustrations.
- provides cross-referencing, and an index for easy access.
- is ideal for both self-study and classroom use.